MONTREAL (CityNews) – Calling out all burger enthusiasts – from veggie to Angus: gather your appetite for a week’s worth of burgers.
From Sept. 1 to 7, Le Burger Week is returning with the introduction of Le Cheeseburger Week.
Here’s what Canadians need to know about the food festival:
- The annual cross-Canada burger contest enters its ninth year of hunting down Canada’s most mouth-watering burger.
- There is one rule that must be followed: cheese, cheese, and more cheese. Whether it’s cheese or “fauxmage” (vegan cheese), having more is encouraged.
- Chefs and restaurants will be judged on the taste and uniqueness of their burger and the amount of cheese.
- This year Le Burger Week will be working with Centraide and United Way.
- The 2020 edition will replace the traditional call-to-vote for the best burgers with a call-to-help through the charity partnerships.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of the participating restaurants will be providing take-out and delivery options.
The charities benefiting this year from Le Burger Week are Centraide and United Way. Proceeds of select burgers will therefore be donated to various food programs, housing programs and job skills training through those organizations.
“Le Burger Week began as a fun local food project to celebrate our city’s (Montreal) love for burgers,” said co-founder Na’eem Adam. “Over the years, we have grown into a national festival that continuously helps to stimulate businesses across the nation.”